Serve these Oven fried zucchini fries with our homemade fried zucchini dipping sauce. These delicious Panko coated baked zucchini sticks make the most amazing Zucchini appetizers.
When we eat out, one of my most favorite appetizers is zucchini fries. And I will order them first each and every time whenever the opportunity arises. But did you know that you can make these delicious zucchini appetizers right at home? Well, you can and it’s not that hard. So today we will be showing you how to make oven fried zucchini fries with a fried zucchini dipping sauce that we are sure you will love.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
And you could be dipping some delicious zucchini sticks into this easy dip in no time at all. And this zucchini recipe is a great way to enjoy all that garden or farmers market fresh zucchini. But one thing zucchini can be purchased year-round and is always available.
What you will need to make Oven Fried Zucchini Sticks:
Scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe
Ingredients for Baked Zucchini Fries:
- Three medium zucchini
- One cup panko bread crumbs
- One and one half cup bread crumbs
- Two tbsp garlic powder
- One tbsp salt
- Two tsp ground black pepper
- One cup all-purpose flour, in a bowl
- Four eggs
How to Make These Oven Fried Zucchini sticks:
Start making your zucchini sticks by lining two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Cut the ends off the zucchini then cut into half. Cut each half into half lengthwise and then into zucchini sticks. Place each stick on the baking sheets.
In a large bowl, mix together panko, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Then in a smaller bowl whisk 4 eggs and in a second small bowl add the flour. Set up work station with your bowl of flour, and the eggs and then the bread crumb mixture, side by side.
Dip a zucchini stick in flour and then dip it in the bowl of eggs. Roll it into the bread crumb mixture to coat generously.
Then place it back on the lined baking sheet and repeat for every zucchini stick. After all, are coated, place in preheated oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping them over halfway. Allow the zucchini fries to cool for 5 minutes while you are making your dip.
How to Make Fried Zucchini Dipping Sauce:
Ingredients Needed for the dip:
- One cup Greek yogurt
- One tbsp lemon juice
- One tbsp garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
To make the dip, mix together all ingredients in a small bowl.
Serve these zucchini sticks with the dipping sauce.
Other Zucchini Appetizers and Dishes:
Click HERE to save these oven fried zucchini sticks to Pinterest
Oven Fried Zucchini Sticks
- Cut zucchini into “French fry strips.” To do this, cut off the ends off each zucchini then cut it in half. Then cut zucchini halves in half, lengthwise, then cut into strips. Then place each strip on the lined baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, mix together panko, bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Add flour to a small bowl. Then whisk 4 eggs into a different small bowl.
- Set up work station with three bowls, one of flour, one of the eggs and then the bread crumb mixture, side by side.
- Place zucchini into the flour and turn to cover completely and then dip it into the bowl of eggs.
- Place into bread crumb mixture and coat generously. Place back on the lined baking sheet and repeat for every zucchini fry.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping them over halfway. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix together all ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve the Zucchini fries with the dipping sauce