This Caramel Pear and Pecan Glaze over the best homemade cheesecake is sure to rock your taste buds.
It is a sure winner for your family or guests. Its not just for a special occasion but will make any day of the week special.
Most of the preparation can be done a day ahead and the glaze made just before serving.
It's not that hard to serve one of the best Cheesecakes with a homemade Caramel Pear and Pecan Glaze at your next dinner party or family gathering.
Caramel Pear and Pecan Glaze over Cheesecake
- 3 cups of Graham Crackers (2 1/2 little packages)
- 1 1/2 sticks of Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup of Pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 4- 8oz packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1-16 oz container of sour cream
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 5 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 lbs of Pears (about 4)
- 1/2 cup of whipping cream
- 1/4 cup of Creme de Cassis (black currant liqueur)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Wrap the bottom and sides of a 12 inch springform pan with foil to prevent water seepage when baking in the water bath
3. Break up graham crackers and place in a food processor (may be done in two batches, depending on the size of your food processor), add pecans and finely grate them along with the graham crackers.
4. Place the crumb mixture in a bowl and add sugars, mix thoroughly and began adding the melted butter and stir to combine
5. Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the pan and up the sides of the springform pan
6. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes, remove to a cooling rack.
1. In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer add cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch and mix until smooth.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and mix very well until no lumps remain.
3. Pour the mixture into the prepared crust in the springform pan
4. Place in a roasting pan and fill the roasting pan about halfway up the side of the cake pan with water.
5. Carefully place in center of oven and bake for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
6. Remove cake from water bath and place on wire rack. Let cool and refrigerate overnight.
1. Peel and pit pears then chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat.
3. Add pear pieces and pecans, stirring constantly, cook for about 2 minutes. 4. Add sugar and continue to stir until sugar is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
5. Remove pears and pecans with a slotted spoon and save in a small bowl
6. Keep the butter and sugar boiling at a slow boil, stirring constantly until it turns a pretty amber.
7. Remove from heat and add cream and liqueur, place back on heat and bring to a boil, whisking constantly.
8. Remove from heat, return the pears and pecans to the mixture and allow to cool.
1. Meanwhile remove cheesecake from refrigerator and carefully remove the sides of the springform pan. Place on cake plate
2. When the topping is cool, carefully spread it over the cheesecake. Place in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Powered by Recipage