I love corn on the cob!! I believe summer is not complete if watermelon and corn on the cob are missing from my table! But I am on a healthy journey and corn on the cob loaded with lots of butter is really not on the menu these days. But I believe in enjoying life and living life so I found a way to enjoy corn with more flavor and less fat and calories:))
Chili Lime Corn
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 teaspoons chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- zest of 1 lime
- lime juice from 1/2 lime
- 3 tablespoons of light butter spread
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
1. In a small bowl, whip together 2 tablespoons of the butter with the lime zest, lime juice, chile powder and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
2. Using a pastry brush, very lightly brush corn with the 1 tablespoon of the buttery spread, then salt and pepper to taste.
3. Wrap each ear in aluminum foil and place on a med high grill. Grill for about 20 minutes, turning several times until done to your satisfaction. (Some like it charred and others do not).
4. Remove from heat and unwrap foil. Using the pastry brush, brush each ear with the remaining seasoned butter. Cut ears into smaller pieces and serve with slices of lime for additional flavor.
Powered by Recipage
Cutting the ears into smaller pieces tricks the brain into eating less.
Eat Healthy and Enjoy Life
Would be great with: