Stuffed pork chops can really pack on the calories but stuffed pork chops are one of my favorite meals. I found this leaner recipe that contains all those great flavors but with less calories and carbs in my daughters little recipe box.
It replaces some of the heavier stuffing with veggies and adds some extra flavor! Also we choose leaner pork chops and trimmed off the extra fat.
So go ahead and enjoy these Leaner Stuffed Pork Chops without all those extra carbs and guilt. Thank you Kristi for sharing with me.
Leaner Stuffed Pork Chops
- 2 thick bone-less pork chops or pork loin chops
- 2 slices of bacon
- 1/2 purple onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup of packaged stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of lowfat cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ground sage, to taste
- salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Trim the fat on the pork chops and then carefully butterfly your pork chops. (simply pierce the longer side of the pork chop and slice all the way through leaving a flap of skin attached, see below)
2. Cook the bacon and place on paper towels to drain then chop into 1/2 pieces.
3. Saute the onion and bell pepper in olive oil until tender and allow to cool to room temperature.
3. In a medium bowl, add the cooked veggies, bacon, stuffing mix, water, cheese and mix well.
4. Season the pork chops with sage, salt and black pepper.
5. Carefully stuff the chops with the stuffing mixture reserving the remaining stuffing mixture.
6. Place the chops in a heated frying pan that has been sprayed with cooking spray to prevent sticking. Brown both sides of the chops, turning carefully to prevent the stuffing from falling out.
7. Spray a 8 x 8 baking dish with cooking spray and place both chops in the dish and spoon in remaining stuffing around the chops. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, then remove foil and bake for 20 additional minutes until done.
Powered by Recipage
Other healthy Dishes: