+For the Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, Chipotle powder and salt. Set aside
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture slowly alternating with the milk; beat well
4. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 fulland bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean
5. Let cool on wire rack while cooking the Chipotle Bacon
+For the Bacon Topping
1. Mix sugar and chipotle pepper and place in a bowl. Dip each piece of bacon in the sugar mixture so that it is evenly coated.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil to catch the bacon drippings. Place a wire rack on top and lay your bacon strips on top.
3. Place in your 350 degree F preheated ovenBake the bacon for 15-20 minutes until it begins to get a little crispy.
4. Let cool on wire rack, do not place on paper towels to drain, it will stick
5. Chop the bacon very fine and set aside
+For the Frosting
1. Mix sugar and cocoa together into a large bowl
2. In another bowl combine 1 cup of sugar mixture with butter and 1 tablespoon cream, beating until smooth
3. Add another cup of sugar and an additional tablespoon of cream, beating well
4. Continue beating until all ingredients are combined and frosting is fluffy, add in vanilla
5. Frost these super cupcakes, then pile on or sprinkle with the Chipotle Bacon bits.