With all the bacon recipes floating around, I just had to jump on board but of course spicy is my thing, so chipotle had to be included in this!
These little cupcakes are simply wonderful with a little sweet and a little spicy and the awesome flavor of chocolate and bacon!
Chipotle Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes
- +For the Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chipotle powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- +For the Frosting
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 3 – 4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- +For the Bacon Topping
- Chipotle Bacon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon Chipotle Powder
- 6 strips of bacon
+For the Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a muffin pan with paper cupcake liners
2. Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, Chipotle powder and salt. Set aside
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well with each addition, then stir in the vanilla. Add the flour mixture slowly alternating with the milk; beat well
4. Fill the muffin cups 3/4 fulland bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake comes out clean
5. Let cool on wire rack while cooking the Chipotle Bacon
+For the Bacon Topping
1. Mix sugar and chipotle pepper and place in a bowl. Dip each piece of bacon in the sugar mixture so that it is evenly coated.
2. Line a cookie sheet with foil to catch the bacon drippings. Place a wire rack on top and lay your bacon strips on top.
3. Place in your 350 degree F preheated ovenBake the bacon for 15-20 minutes until it begins to get a little crispy.
4. Let cool on wire rack, do not place on paper towels to drain, it will stick
5. Chop the bacon very fine and set aside
+For the Frosting
1. Mix sugar and cocoa together into a large bowl
2. In another bowl combine 1 cup of sugar mixture with butter and 1 tablespoon cream, beating until smooth
3. Add another cup of sugar and an additional tablespoon of cream, beating well
4. Continue beating until all ingredients are combined and frosting is fluffy, add in vanilla
5. Frost these super cupcakes, then pile on or sprinkle with the Chipotle Bacon bits.
Powered by Recipage
Other Great Chocolate Wonders:
Friday 24th of February 2017
Omg they look so good
Monday 1st of September 2014
Yummy! My mouth watered as I look at those cupcakes. They must be delicious!
Thursday 20th of February 2014
Bacon, Chocolate & Chipotle?? Sounds like something my brother-in-law would love!! Thanks so much for linking it up to Saturday Dishes!! Pinning.
Saturday 15th of February 2014
yes WOW! These cupcakes look so YUMMY! I love bacon and it goes great with chocolate. I make a lot of chocolate gravy for breakfast with Bacon. It is so good!Thanks for sharing on Saturday Dishes Blog Hop. I pinned it!Blessings,Diane Roarkwww.recipesforourdailybread.com
Sunday 11th of August 2013
WOW!!!! That is such a creative recipe! All I can say is that if my youngest son sees these cupcakes....he will adopt you as his new Mommy and move in! We call him the Baconator! I will definately be making these. Thanks for sharing on #cakefriday bloghop!