It’s easy, so what more can you ask?
Perfect Prime Rib every time
- Combine dry seasonings with the garlic in a small bowl. Blend well
- Rinse meat and pat dry
- Rub seasons into and all over meat generously
- Place in the large roaster with a rack. Do not cover or add water
- 3-5 hours before serving, place rib roast in a preheated 375-degree oven and bake for 1 hour (for medium rare) or 1 1/2 hours (for medium)
- Turn oven OFF but do NOT open the oven door. Roast may be in oven up to 4 hours and DO Not open oven door
- About 40 minutes before serving turn oven to 300 degrees, cook for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and let rest prior to carving.
Serve Perfect Prime Rib with:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.