Do you have anxiety over buying a prime rib and preparing it for your family or guests? Have you been a little intimidated about cooking a Prime rib? We are here to help you out with a few secrets so that you can have a Perfect Prime Rib every time. Well, I’m here today to give you an easy trick that makes cooking a Prime Rib perfect each and every time. I found this Prime Rib recipe years ago and I have used it more times than I can count and it always comes out perfect every time. It’s easy, so what more can you ask?
My sweet Hubby loves Prime Rib, so this is my go-to meal for his birthday. And with this prime rib recipe and especially the right Prime rib seasoning makes it easier than you would believe. We have made this perfect prime time and time again. And it’s great for all of your favorite holidays like Christmas, Valentine’s Day, New Year’s day or for a dinner party with your favorite friends.
Click HERE to save this prime rib rub recipe to Pinterest
Perfect Prime Rib every time
- Combine dry seasonings with the garlic in a small bowl. Blend well
- Rinse meat and pat dry
- Rub seasons into and all over meat generously
- Place in the large roaster with a rack. Do not cover or add water
- 3-5 hours before serving, place rib roast in a preheated 375-degree oven and bake for 1 hour (for medium rare) or 1 1/2 hours (for medium)
- Turn oven OFF but do NOT open the oven door. Roast may be in oven up to 4 hours and DO Not open oven door
- About 40 minutes before serving turn oven to 300 degrees, cook for 40 minutes
- Remove from oven and let rest prior to carving.
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.