We love to cook here at the Ranch but sometimes we want something quick and easy but still homemade and fresh.
We are not crazy about those prepackaged pasta dishes, they have way too much sodium and preservatives.
So we decided to try a one pot pasta recipe, you know the ones, you throw everything in the pot and then cook it and it comes out perfect.
What’s easier than this, everything including the uncooked pasta was dropped it our stew pot and cooked for less than 10 minutes.
This pasta was delicious, popping with great flavor and it was easier than preparing those boxed prepared pastas!
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- 12 oz linguine
- 12 oz grape tomatoes cut into fourths
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 sprigs of fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Place all ingredients in a large stockpot, place on high heat and bring to a simmering boil.
2. Continue to cook for 8-9 minutes tossing with tongs
3. Remove from heat and serve with grated parmesan cheese on top if desired.
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “mytufous-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “5311b6617f6d8c7d4fa82760b39543e1”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B00URO56CG,B00RYQTMOS,B00I12T80C,B00PDF44KE,B007HKSKOY,B00YB49YZ8,B0041P5780,B000ZUTVW8”;
Other great side dishes: