I love quiche but when it comes to easy and a little less carbs, frittatas are awesome. The sky is the limit on ingredients and with a basic recipe you can produce an easy quick breakfast or lunch.
The other morning I had a few leftovers and decided to use them in a quick frittata.
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar or Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 roasted red pepper, jar or fresh roasted, chopped
- leftover veggies, such as asparagus or broccoli,chopped
- Leftover steak, sausage, bacon, chopped
- salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, add the cheeses
3. Add veggies and meat to a cast iron skillet (or any skillet that is oven safe) with a spray or two of cooking spray.
4. Stir fry veggies over medium heat until hot and tender
5. Pour in egg mixture, let cook for 2-3 minutes on top of stove
6. Put the skillet in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, watching carefully so top is not overly brown.
7. To serve, slice in wedges
Powered by Recipage
Other Dishes you might enjoy!