I have always heard that soup is good for the soul. This is so true, soup just fills you with comfort and is just plain good foodies!
Just a whole pot of goodness for the soul!
Serve with Crunchy Bread and a little Parmesan cheese.
- 2 links of Italian Sausage (or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup of diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup of diced carrots
- 1/2 cup of diced red bell pepper
- 48 oz of chicken broth
- 2 cans (8oz) of tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 2 cups of whole wheat curly pasta (or your favorite)
- 1/2 cup of garbanzo beans
- 1/2 cup of corn
- 1/2 cup of green peas or green beans
1. Slice sausage into 1/2 inch rounds, saute in dutch oven or large soup pot until just browned. Remove the sausage pieces with a slotted spoon retaining the grease, set the sausages aside and keep warm
2. In the same pot saute the onions, carrots and potatoes in the grease for about 5 minutes on med heat. Add bell peppers and garlic, saute for 2 minutes. 3. Add chicken broth, tomato sauce and herbs. Bring to a slow boil, add pasta and cook for 8 minutes.
4. Add the garbanzo beans, corn and green peas or green beans and simmer for 3-5 minutes.
Powered by Recipage
Other Great Soups: