When making mashed potatoes,"experts", say one potato for every two people.
Yikes, I always count at least one potato per person with an extra two to three to make sure we don't run out. No wonder we are faced with mounds and mounds of leftover mashed potatoes.
Mashed potatoes are OK served again especially if you have gravy but how many times can you get away with reheating the same old spuds?
Well, you don't have to worry about that if you have a couple of recipes up your sleeve to deal with leftover potatoes.
Especially this recipe for Potato patties, it will make you glad you have plenty of leftover mashed potatoes.
But I must confess, I may be making extra potatoes just to guarantee leftover potatoes, all because I love to make and eat these golden Potato Patties.
Maybe this is why I don't often listen to "experts"!
*Find more potato recipes by scrolling to the bottom
- 4 cups of mashed potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup of cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup of flour
- salt and pepper
- chives for garnish, if desired
1. Combine mashed potatoes, onion, egg, cheese, flour in a large bowl
2. Spoon up about 1/3 cup of the mixture, shape into balls
3. Roll each into flour and flattened into patties
4. Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat
5. Fry each patty in the skillet about 5 minutes each side until golden brown, salt and pepper to taste
6. Garnish with chopped chives