Blueberry Muffins are as American as apple pie! They can be served in a upscale Sunday Brunch or can be grabbed and ate on the run while you are juggling your busy schedule. Basically like the the little black dress that is supposed to be in every girls closet, a dress it up or dress it down muffin.
We have all grabbed that blueberry muffin off the store shelf and called it breakfast but even with a busy schedule, you don't need to buy these babies. It only takes a little time to whip up several of these and have them all week. I can throw a batch in the oven and and then in the 30 minutes it takes them to cook, I can wash that pile of dishes in the sink. Isn't that what we all do, make the most out of every minute? I think they call it multi-tasking these days.
Have you ever bought a blueberry muffin and then it had a cardboard like taste and was dry? And the blueberries, are those really blueberries in those store bought pastries? It looks more like swab of blue jelly. You deserve better and your family deserves better, and healthy food made with fresh ingredients is totally in your grasp.
This recipe has added just 4 ounces of cream cheese and a splash of lemon juice which makes them moist and flavorful and absolutly the Best Blueberry Muffins!
The Best Blueberry Muffins
- 2 cups of cake flour
- 3/4 cup of white sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 4 ounces of cream cheese
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 pint of fresh blueberries (or 1 cup frozen berries)
1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease and flour muffin tins (12)
2. Combine first five ingredients (dry ingredients) in a large mixing bowl
3. In a food processor, add cream cheese, vanilla and lemon juice, blend until smooth
4. Add eggs, melted butter and milk to the food processor, process until blended. (just about 15 seconds)
5. Add dry ingredients to the food processor and blend until well combined. 6. Using a rubber spatula gently fold in fresh blueberries. Fill the muffin tins about 3/4 full
7. Place in preheated oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Powered by Recipage
Other great Breakfast ideas: