These Savory Bacon, Cheddar and Chive Scones are flaky and loaded with the taste of bacon and cheddar cheese and seasoned with chives. We love a great southern biscuit but there is no denying our love for these breakfast delights.
This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I remember when my son was in the fourth or fifth grade and was into all things Medieval such as Knights, Hobbits, and Jousting. In fact, I believe we still tell the tale when he stole borrowed a plastic spaghetti serving spoon from the kitchen for his catapult. No, it wasn’t clean, still had spaghetti sauce on it from dinner. Unfortunately Fortunately the missile aka rock was flung straight into the dirt from his invention. The catapult was abandoned with the offending spoon still attached. I swear he was never a boring child.
I may not have been the best mom ever but it wasn’t from lack of trying and never giving up. Yeppers, only took me a few years but I have finally mastered the art of making scones. I know you or your young knight/lady will fall in love with these scones so go for it before that little one, grows up and runs away from home goes off to college. Savory Bacon Cheddar, and Chive Sones
Savory Bacon, Cheddar and Chive Scones
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl
- Cut butter into 1/2 inch cubes and cut into flour mixture with a pastry blender until crumbly
- Place in freezer for about 5 minutes
- Add milk, (saving about 2 tablespoons for tops)
- Add cheese, bacon, chives, and pepper, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened
- Turn dough out onto dough board and gently press or pat dough into a 7-inch round (it will be crumbly)
- Cut round into 8 wedges and place 2 inches apart on a lightly greased baking sheet
- Brush tops of wedges with remaining milk
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden
If you enjoyed these Savory Bacon, Cheddar, and Chive Scones then:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.