I am sure I have mentioned several times, that Pizza is my favorite food! Oh the joy of a great pizza is just heaven to me. But seriously, Pizza is so versatile, there are an unlimited array of topping choices and even numerous different sauces and don't forget the cheeses! Oh the cheeses! I am not choosy what's on the pizza, and I love most of the sauce choices but I am fussy about the crust. The crust can make or break the entire pie. We live on a ranch 18 miles from the nearest pizza place so it's a great thing I have one of the best Pizza Dough recipes. This recipe is easy and just comes out perfect every time. I use it for all the pizza hacks, like Stromboli, Calzones, Pizza on a Stick (click thru for recipe) and of course a regular round pizza. The secret is to allow it to raise until double (about 2 hours) and the dough will be elastic and just perfect for any toppings and sauce you heart desires. And of course most of these ingredients you probable already have in your pantry so you can have a a great Homemade Pizza any time.
Homemade Pizza Sauce can be found by clicking thru right here.
Homemade Pizza Dough(Makes 2 pizza crusts)
- 1/4 ounce Package of Pizza Yeast (regular yeast can also be used)
- 1 & 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp of sugar
- 1 Tbsp of salt
- 3 & 1/2 - 4 cups flour
1. In a medium bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water
2. Add sugar and salt, stir to dissolve
3. Add flour a cup at a time and mix until a soft dough forms
4. Knead until elastic about 2-3 minutes
5. Place in a greased bowl and cover with a clean cloth and let rise for 2 hours (until double)
6. Divide dough in half
7. With a rolling pin, roll out to fit your pizza pan and to the thickness you prefer
8. Repeat with the other half