I'm sure I have mentioned way too many times how much we love basil here on the Ranch! Bruschetta and Pesto Pasta are our all time favorite ways to enjoy this wonderful herb and I grow as much basil as I can and we devour all of it, I mean all of it.
This time of the year, I am in complete withdrawal since our basil is just now getting big enough to pick. (I know I can buy fresh basil in our local market, but it is just so expensive to make into pesto) So I wait and sweet talk my new little basil plants until we have enough leaves to harvest for a batch of our Homemade Basil Pesto! (for my favorite go-to basil pesto recipe, click right here or scroll down for pictures and click thru there)
It was so funny, that it took me forever to learn to make Pesto Pasta. It's not hard but some things I just can't grasp, I mean I always thought that there had to be more to it than just mix! Yep, I kinda over-thought that but it's so easy and I'm embarrassed it took me so long. HA
Anyways for a quick dinner, this is such a delicious fresh way to enjoy pasta and for a variation, add strips or cubes of cooked chicken or strips of leftover steak. Serve with crusty bread and a fresh salad (or this Mozzarella ,Tomato, Black Olive and Cucumber Salad) and we hope you enjoy it, my friends.
Pasta with Basil Pesto
- 12 ounces of bow tie pasta (or your favorite pasta)
- Homemade Pesto (Click for recipe) (or store bought can be substituted
- Shredded fresh Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Cook pasta in boiling salted water according to package instructions
2. Drain and return to pan
3. Spoon pesto onto the hot pasta, gently stirring to coat
4. Continue to add pesto according to your taste
5. Top with parmesan Cheese, if desired
Powered by Recipage
Other Recipes we enjoy: