Herb Butter is probably one of the easiest ways to add a burst of flavor to your food. Having a little roll of this magical food in your fridge can rock so many of your dishes! It's easy to make and it can be keep handy to drop on your favorite steak, veggies, pasta or on a baked potato! And if you are like us here on the ranch, we are doing loads of grilling this summer! A pat of herb butter on your favorite cut of steak is just heavenly! Herb butter can be kept in the fridge for up to a week or can be cut into pats and frozen for longer storage. It can also be shaped into curls, hearts or squares.
I make Herb Butter using a variety of herbs but I always use fresh garlic! Garlic and Butter go together like salt and pepper or me and my sweetie! A perfect combo!
If I haven't talked you into making some of this Herb Butter before, I'm sure this lovely little steak will put you over the top! Here is one of my favorite recipes for Herb Butter and it's a great place to start on this Herb Butter addiction that I have!
Chive and Parsley Herb Butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter (1/4 pound)
- 1 Tablespoon of dried Parsley
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh chives, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1. Place butter in a small bowl and allow to come to room temperature
2. Add parsley, chives and garlic
3. Mix with a fork, mashing all herbs into the butter
4. Place mixture on a piece of clear wrap, roll into a log shape, twist ends to seal. Or butter can be shaped into hearts, curls or squares.
5. Chill in fridge until firm
6. Can be stored in fridge for a week or in the freezer for a couple months