Bacon and eggs are an all-American breakfast in many households across the country. Like Apple Pie and Ice cream, bacon just goes with eggs.
We brought our everyday breakfast duo to a higher level by exchanging bacon for prosciutto and turning our eggs into this lovely cheese and spinach quiche.
We started by filling our mini muffin pan with half slices of prosciutto and filled these "cups" with an egg, mascarpone cheese and spinach mixture and baked for 10 minutes.
Served with a sprinkle of chopped fresh chives and parmesan cheese, these mini quiches make a gorgeous plate for a Mother's Day or Easter brunch or just any weekend that you know your family deserves something extra special.
These little quiches are not just for breakfast, they make a dynamite brunch dish or fun little appetizers for a cocktail party.
Mini Quiches in Prosciutto Cups
- 6 slices prosciutto, halved
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 ounces (2 cups compacted) baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 3 eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
- Pinch freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Fit a half-slice of prosciutto into each mini muffin cup leaving some above the pan edge.
3. Heat olive oil in a medium skillet and cook the garlic over medium heat about 30 seconds. Add the spinach and saute, stirring continuously until the spinach wilts about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
4. In a medium bowl, scramble the eggs, add mascarpone cheese, salt, and pepper. Beat very well
5. Divide the sauteed spinach among the prosciutto cups and pour egg mixture carefully over the spinach
6. Bake about 10 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with fresh chives prior to serving