Have you noticed that so many homemade bread recipes are hard to slice, I mean forget about getting a normal slice of bread, much less trying to get a couple slices to make a sandwich! This little recipe makes a great bread which can be sliced for perfect slices of toast or for the best sandwiches!!
Homemade White Bread
2 packages of active dry yeast
2 cups of warm water
2 tablespoons of sugar
1 tablespoon of salt
1/4 cup salad oil
6 to 6 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water, stir in sugar, salt, oil and 3 cups of the flour
2. Mix in enough of the remaining flour to make dough easy to handle
3. Turn dough onto lightly floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, 8 -10 minutes
4. Place in greased bowl, brush top with salad oil. Cover; let rise in warm place until double, about 45 minutes. (dough is ready if impression remains)
5. Punch down dough; divide in half. Shape each into loafs and place in loaf pans (9 X 5 X 3)
6. Brush loaves with salad oil. Let rise until double, about 1 hour
7. Heat oven to 400 degrees, bake about 35 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped.