Since we can’t easily hop over to the New Orleans to enjoy this awesome treat we have created this beignet recipe. A delicious beignet recipe, Chicory Coffee, New Orleans jazz playing and we are enjoying the Big Easy at home.
How to make beignets:
These New Orleans Beignets are made with yeast, flour, and simple bread ingredients. The key to this delicious New Orleans Pastry is that they are deep fried. We mix a simple beignet recipe dough, let it stand in the fridge overnight. Then we remove it from the fridge, roll it out and cut the dough into squares. We fry these beignet squares in an electric deep fryer filled with hot oil. As soon we remove the beignets from the oil, we pile powdered sugar on top of these awesome New Orleans Beignets.
These New Orleans Beignets are a must for your Mardi Gras party. Because no one throws a bigger party and celebration than New Orleans during Mardi Gras. And that always has to end at the Cafe de Monde eating these New Orleans Pastry
Serve these French Quarter Beignets with:
- Authentic Cajun Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya
- Creole Blackeye Peas and Rice
- Creole Chicken in an Instant Pot
New Orleans Beignets
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- In a smaller bowl, sift flour with baking powder and salt
- To the yeast mixture, add milk, oil, sugar, egg and 1/2 the flour mixture.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky)
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Heat oil to 375° in an electric deep fryer or in a dutch oven
- Deep fry squares, a few at a time, until golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on a rack over paper towels.
- Dredge or cover with powdered sugar
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.