This is the ultimate ice cream pie with an oreo cookie crust, a hot fudge layer and cherry pie topping!!
We decided to make not just a simple ice cream pie but we would totally go overboard and include four layers for our pie. A kinda ice cream pie fashioned after a hot fudge sundae!
Store bought ice cream can be used but it is easy to make home-made ice cream and no worries about the ice cream melting in this heat before you get home from the market.
We finished this masterpiece with canned cherry pie filling as a topping!
- 16 chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos), crumbled
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3/4 cup hot fudge topping (room temperature)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 2 quarts vanilla ice cream, homemade or store bought
Homemade Vanilla Ice cream (2 quarts)
- 2 cups half and half
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In food processor, place crumbled cookies, process 10 to 15 seconds or until finely crushed. Add melted butter. Cover; process 5 to 10 seconds or until mixed.
3. Press in bottom and up sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
4. Stir hot fudge topping until smooth. Carefully spread over bottom of crust. Freeze 30 minutes.
5. Spread ice cream (see below for homemade vanilla ice cream) over hot fudge topping. Cover; freeze at least 1 hour until firm.
6 Remove from freezer, slice and top with cherry pie filling prior to serving
Homemade Ice Cream
1. Mix half & half, whipping cream, sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add to your Ice Cream maker and follow manufacturers instructions for that particular ice cream maker
amzn_assoc_placement = “adunit0”;
amzn_assoc_search_bar = “true”;
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = “mytufous-20”;
amzn_assoc_ad_mode = “manual”;
amzn_assoc_ad_type = “smart”;
amzn_assoc_marketplace = “amazon”;
amzn_assoc_region = “US”;
amzn_assoc_title = “Evelyn’s Favorite Pick’s”;
amzn_assoc_linkid = “13e7ac7963be47d81ec77cdcb266190f”;
amzn_assoc_asins = “B00NLBBI2E,B00KO8X66I,B0000645YM,B008E06EFI,B00O2CV0XI,B00G3IWYGG,B015VRIRYW,B0040F7K0O”;
Other Summertime treats: