Make and serve delicious Walking Tacos with this layered taco salad to go using pint mason jars. This walking taco recipe makes one of our very favorite Mason Jar Meals.
We don’t have to tell you that we love Mexican Food, Tex Mex Food and all variations of such. We have recipes for Homemade Salsa, Baja Fish Tacos and Chicken Enchiladas but these Walking Tacos are a first for us.
This little layered taco salad has been a hit with our crowd. And not only the grandkids but with us big kids love it.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase, we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We hope you enjoy this fun and unique recipe and if you have any variations please share with us in the comments below.
How to make Walking Tacos:
Scroll to the bottom for a printable Walking Taco Recipe
Start your walking tacos by browning one pound of ground beef in a large skillet. Add one package taco seasoning, and one can of Rotel and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Heat one 16-ounce can of refried beans, remove from heat and then set aside to allow to cool completely.
Line up eight pint-size mason jars. Begin making this layered taco salad by adding a layer of chopped lettuce and tomatoes on the bottom of each mason jar.
Add about one-quarter cup of the Mexican blend cheese in each of the eight jars.
Divide the meat mixture into the jars and then top with equal portions of the refried beans.
Fill the remaining part of the jar with corn chips and top with sour cream or even guacamole.
What could be a better salad to go than these Walking Tacos? They are perfect Mason jar meals for a fun Cinco de Mayo celebration or even a kid’s sleepover. This walking taco recipe serves eight people.
If you enjoyed these walking tacos then see these:
Click HERE to Save this Walking Taco Recipe to Pinterest:
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef, add taco seasoning and can of Rotel. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Cook refried beans according to package directions. Set aside and allow to cool completely
- Start the walking tacos by adding a layer of lettuce in the bottom of each pint-size jar. Top with tomatoes
- Top each jar with a 1/4 cup of the cheese. Evenly divide the ground beef mixture and refried beans into all the jars.
- Fill the remaining space in the jars with corn chips and top with sour cream and/or guacamole.