My hubby and I are lovers of basil, I know I have stated that several times before but it bears repeating. We can not grow enough basil for it to sustain us, between bruschetta, pesto and all our other favorite Italian dishes, we always fall short. But thank goodness, fresh basil is something that is found in most grocery stores so we do not have to go without. This dish of Roasted Tomato Bruschetta uses our recipe for Slow Roasted Tomatoes to add an intense flavor and is perfect for a late night snack or the start of a romantic dinner at home.
Roasted Tomato Bruschetta
- 1 French baguette, cut into diagonal 1/2 inch slices
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, cut in half
- 1 Recipe of Slow Roasted Tomatoes, Click here for recipe
- fresh basil leaves, stems removed
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
1. Brush the slices of bread with olive oil, and place on a baking sheet
2. Heat oven's broiler and toast under the broiler for about 2-3 minutes. (Be sure to watch carefully because they can burn easily)
3. Remove from oven and while the crostini are still hot, rub each slice with a halved garlic clove.
4. Place a roasted tomato half on each toasted crostini, add a slice of mozzarella cheese, and top with fresh basil leaves
Powered by Recipage