Did you know that Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise sauce can be quick and easy? Really it is, believe us!
This delectable breakfast of Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce takes less than 20 minutes and doesn't leave you with a pile of dirty dishes.
Holidays have always been important in our home, our motto is, "A Day is just a day unless someone makes it a special day"
And we don't wait until the end of the day to make the most of those special days like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day or celebrating a birthday or anniversary, we begin with a gourmet breakfast!
What do we consider a gourmet meal, you ask.
It can be different for everyone but to us, it's a dish that is rich with several layers of flavor, a dish that we don't indulge in that often, a dish we save for those special occasions since it's richer than our normal fare. A dish that is reserved for celebrations and designed to make everyone feel extra special.
But gourmet meals don't have to be hard and time-consuming, for instance, this delectable breakfast of Eggs Benedict with Hollandaise Sauce did actually take less than 20 minutes.
So go grab your egg poacher (I love my microwave egg poacher), a bowl that is microwave safe like these silicone prep bowls, a cooking sheet or better yet this Stoneware cooking sheet and your blender and we will show you how to make a Gourmet breakfast in just a few easy steps.
Or if you don't like Hollandaise sauce, leave the blender and bowl in the cabinet and have poached eggs on thick Candian Bacon over perfectly toasted English muffins!
Either way works for us!
Now wouldn't this make today very special if you were cutting into this delectable gourmet breakfast?
Go for it, you certainly deserve it!
Eggs Benedict with Easy Hollandaise Sauce
Ingredients (Serves 2)
- 2 whole English Muffins
- 4 slices thick Canadian Bacon
- 4 whole Eggs (plus 3 Egg Yolks)
- 1 stick Butter
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, (juice from 1/2 lemon)
- Cayenne Pepper To Taste
1. Preheat oven to broil
2. Separate the muffins into halves and place on one-half of a cooking sheet, butter the tops. Lay four pieces of Candian Bacon on the other half of the cooking sheet or Stoneware cooking sheet. Broil until muffins are brown and toasted and Canadian bacon is hot.
3. Heat water in Egg Poacher and place eggs in cups and poach for exactly 4 minutes or if using this microwave egg poacher, cook for 1 1/2 minutes
4. While eggs are cooking melt butter in the microwave until bubbling in a microwave safe dish like these Silicone prep bowls, be careful not to over-cook.
5. Add 3 egg yolks in a blender, turn the blender on low and as the yolks combine, slowly pour in the hot melted butter, immediately add lemon juice and sprinkle cayenne pepper, if using.
6. Assemble eggs benedict by placing two muffin halves on each plate, lay Canadian bacon on top, carefully top with eggs and generously spoon the hollandaise sauce on top.