This is a sponsored post written for Chocoley Chocolate but all opinions are 100% my own.
I am a lover of chocolate and nuts!
And of course who could not love chocolate, nuts and caramel!!
I am just discovered a great little company Chocoley Chocolates who sent me these:
The perfect trio to make some fun Chocolate Striped Turtles!
Chocolate Striped Turtles
- 1 lb. tub Chocoley Gourmet Caramel
- 1 lb.Bada Bing Bada Boom Candy & Molding Gourmet Compound Chocolate-Dark
- 1 cup of pecan halves
- 1 Squeeze bottle of Drizzle and Design Chocoley White Chocolate
1. Melt the Chocoley Caramel on low heat in a double boiler until it reaches 170° F
2. Arrange 5 pecan halves in the shape of a turtle's head and legs on parchment paper, repeat until all pecan halves have been used.
3. Carefully spoon the melted caramel to form each turtle's body connecting the head and legs
4. Let the caramel cool until firm
5. Melt the Chocoley Chocolate in a double boiler until melted
6. Spoon the chocolate over the caramel and as much of the legs and head as you wish
7. Let the chocolate cool until firm
8. Place the Chocoley Drizzle & Design squeeze bottle in a ziplock bag, seal and place in hot water until the chocolate is melted. (follow the directions on Chocoley site)
9. Use the squeeze bottle to design stripes on each turtle
Powered by Recipage
These sweet turtles are fun to make, fun to eat and are just too cute!!
PS- This gourmet caramel is amazing, it's been awhile since I have tasted really great caramel and this really impressed me, I can't wait to use it again. Of course the chocolate was totally wonderful!
It really does make a difference!!
To read about the Chocoley Story Click Here!
Other Chocolate Treats: