This is good old fashioned cornbread but taken up a notch or two, or is it three?
Cornbread with a center of cheese, green chile and whole corn!
It's great with chili, beef stew or any of your great dishes!
New Mexico Cornbread
- Cornbread recipe
- 1 can 15 oz of whole kernel corn
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cans (4.5 oz) of green chile, chopped or 4-5 freshly roasted green chiles, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Prepare cornbread recipe
3. In a 13 X 9 inch baking dish, pour half the cornbread mixture and spread evenly
4. Spoon the corn and green chiles evenly on top
5. Sprinkle the grated cheese
6. Cover with the remaining cornbread mixture and spread to cover the corn, green chiles and cheese.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes