Make these mini cornbread muffins or cornbread mini muffins with jalapeños with this jalapeño cornbread recipe. These mini corn muffins made in a mini muffin tin which seems to make them so much better
We are in love with these cornbread mini muffins with jalapeños here at the ranch, especially during the winter months but we didn’t always make mini cornbread muffins.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
A couple of years ago I had invited friends over for dinner but then discovered I had only about 1 cup of cornmeal and I wanted to make cornbread. So how do I stretch one small recipe for 6 people? If I made a pan of cornbread, I would have to cut the pieces so small that it would just be a pile of crumbles. You know the feeling, you wish to serve your guests’ plenty but you’re not sure just how to stretch it
But then I remembered I had a mini muffin tin somewhere in the cabinet and I actually found it. Aww, miracles! Now I know I have a jalapeño cornbread recipe and just need to make mini corn muffins. Yes, I do have my moments.
Cornbread Mini Muffins Recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2-3 fresh jalapeños, diced (optional)
- Mixing Bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Mini muffin tin
How to make mini jalapeño cornbread muffins:
- Heat your oven to 400° F and spray a mini muffin tin with a cooking spray like Pam.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix well
- If using jalapeños, stir in diced fresh jalapeños
- Add eggs and milk and beat well
- Fill the muffin tins about ¾ full and bake for 10-12 minutes
Compared to a quarter, aren’t they just the cutest little guys? Everyone can take 2 or 3 of these without the danger of running out. And I do believe they taste better, maybe it’s because of all the crust on each mini muffin. I always did like the corners of the cornbread the best.
Or if you wish to shake it up a little or should I say spice it up a little, then add a couple diced jalapeños. You could also make two batches, one with jalapeños and one without, if you have more than one cup of cornmeal. Compared to how long I cook cornbread to how long I cook mini cornbread muffins, I have also saved some time. Or if you are not cooking for guests, the leftovers can be frozen and pulled out of the freezer all winter long to have with soups and stews.
Other bread recipes
- No Knead Dinner Rolls
- Mexican Cornbread
- Flakiest Homemade Croissants
- Authentic sourdough crusty Bread
Click HERE to save this mini jalapeño cornbread recipe to Pinterest
Mini Cornbread Muffins with or without Jalapeños
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt and mix
- If using jalapeños, stir in diced fresh jalapeños,
- Add eggs and milk, mix very well
- Fill your mini muffin tin cups about 3/4 full and bake for 10-12 minutes