This Easy Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Spinach is perfect for company or for a lovely brunch and you need to make it right now especially if you are having guests.
It's a make ahead breakfast casserole so with a little bit of work the night before, you can have a very special breakfast on the table without being in the kitchen all morning.
This Breakfast Casserole is rich with sausage and mozzarella cheese but also contains the healthy addition of spinach.
So enjoy that extra cup of coffee with your guests or family as breakfast is cooking.
We serve it with fresh fruit and sometimes with our special Bloody Marys.
Overnight Breakfast Casserole with Sausage and Spinach
- Butter for greasing pan
- 6 slices of bread, crust removed and cubed
- 1 lb of breakfast sausage, cooked, crumbled and drained
- 1 1/2 cups of Mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-10 oz package of frozen spinach, thawed
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Butter an 9 x13 casserole dish
2. Place thawed spinach in a colander lined with paper towels, press spinach to remove all water using additional paper towels as needed
3. In a large bowl, combine the cooked sausage, cubed bread, 1 cup of the cheese, drained spinach and toss together well until evenly distributed
4. Spoon this mixture into the buttered casserole dish
5. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, then add the milk, salt and pepper. Whisk until smooth, pour over the bread cube mixture, distributing evenly.
6. Cover the casserole dish with plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight, or for up to 18 hours.
7. The next morning remove the casserole from fridge and let set for 30-45 minutes to bring it up to room temperature.
8. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
9. Bake casserole for 1 hour until set and the top is golden brown.
10. Top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese, bake for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Powered by Recipage
Please don't Forget to Pin
Other breakfast Suggestions: