My very favorite dessert is their Southern Buttermilk Pie I have never even heard of buttermilk pie before this. Now I can’t live without it.
Oh, Buttermilk Pie, where have you been my whole life?
I have tried to match these ladies’ recipe and this is really great, probably not as good as theirs but really this is really great.
Southern Buttermilk Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk flour and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Whisk eggs in a small bowl and pour into the flour/sugar mixture.
- Add next 5 ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into prepared pie crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes or until almost set, be sure shield edges of pie crust with pie crust shield to prevent over-browning.
- Remove from oven, place on wire rack and let set 1 hour before cutting.
If you love this Southern Buttermilk Pie then: