What is more soothing than chicken soup??
It soothes the soul and has been rumored to help with the common cold.
And here is a quick easy way to have some of this liquid gold:)
- 2 cups cooked chopped chicken
- 1 rib of celery, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 cup of whole wheat rotini pasta or pasta of your choice
- salt and pepper
1. In a dutch oven, add celery, onion, and bell pepper. Add just enough cooking spray or olive oil to keep it from sticking and saute until almost tender
2. Salt and pepper to taste and add chopped chicken, carrots and chicken broth, may add water if needed to cover all the ingredients
3. Bring to a boil and add pasta, lower the heat and simmer until pasta is done about 8-10 minutes
Powered by Recipage
Other soothing soups: