It seems one of the funnest things a Grandmother can do is send her grandkids something to panic their parents! Last night I gave a sneak peak to my daughters that this is what their children were getting for St Paddy's day. Yep, the questions blew up my phone while I was laughing and laughing!! The eldest who has two lovely daughters said, "You mean you are sending that to your Grandsons, right", thus making sure her sister would receive this fun gross gift. And the youngest who has the three boys said, " OK, does it stick, ooze or bounce or does it leave a film on the surface it lands, does it stick to furniture, my hair, eye glasses or walls? And she is speaking from experience here!! I just laughed and laughed!! Paybacks from parents to their children are so much fun!! These lovely children of mine, gave me quite a few panicked moments in the past and so I am just enjoying these new moments way too much!!
And I heard almost complete silence from my son and his lovely bride, I do believe they are now scared to have babies worrying about what I will send them in the future!!
Anyways this Green Slime is fun to make and it's a fascinating science experiment!
- 2 teaspoons Borax
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 4oz bottle of Elmer's School Glue
- green food coloring
1. In a small mixing bowl, pour in 1 cup of water, add 2 teaspoons of borax powder and stir to dissolve, set aside
2. In a large mixing bowl, pour in 1/2 cup of water, add the entire bottle of Elmer’s school glue and stir until well blended
3. Add enough green food coloring to obtain the desired color to the glue mixture and blend well.
4, Give the borax water mixture another few quick stirs and add to the glue mixture.
4. Stir the mixture until it becomes solid, (there will be leftover liquid), gather the solid material with your hands, working the slime together to make it more solid.
5. Form the solid mixture into a ball and pour rest of the liquid into the sink.
6. Work the mixture gently until it forms a ball and most of the liquid is gone.
7. Place in a closed container to keep it fresh