As soon as Labor Day is over, I am all in for FALL! We love the cooler weather, the excitement of holidays on the way, Football season and a brand new school year. It's all about change and a time for all those fall smells to engulf my home. You know the ones, the smells of pumpkins, apples, caramel, popcorn balls and roasted nuts.
I'm jumping right in with this layered little snack to bring you just a couple of those fall flavors. Pumpkin Pie Squares have a oatmeal crust, with pumpkin pie filling and topped with oatmeal, pecans and brown sugar. Make plenty because these babies will not last long at your house! Those little (or us big) goblins will devour them on sight!
Ok, everyone, LIGHT THOSE OVENS!!! It's FALL YA"LL!
Pumpkin Pie Squares
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup quick oatmeal
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1- 15oz can of 100% pure pumpkin
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice (click for homemade)
- 2 eggs
- 1 can-12 oz evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup of chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of quick oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
InstructionsFor the Crust
1. Mix flour, 1/2 cup of oatmeal and butter as for pie crust and press into un-greased 9 X 13 inch pan.
2. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutesFor the Filling
1. Combine the pure pumpkin, 3/4 cup sugar, pumpkin pie spice, eggs, salt and evaporated milk and beat well
2. Pour onto crust
3. Bake for 30 minutesFor the Topping
1. Mix the pecans, brown sugar, 1/2 cup of quick oatmeal and 1 teaspoon vanilla.
2. Sprinkle over filling
3. Return to oven and bake for 15 minutes until set
4. Cool before cutting into squares