I have been making these little Chicken and Cream Cheese Bundles since, well forever. But it's odd, since the big move to the Ranch, I couldn't find the recipe for these babies. I had to text my daughter and she sent it over to me, I am so happy I shared it but still worried about what else I am missing. I visualize a huge crate of miscellaneous items that have yet to be unpacked or does that huge crate only contain this one little recipe?? I wonder?
Anyways, these are a favorite for anytime an amazing little appetizer is welcome, like Super Bowl, (or even if your team made the playoffs), a New Year's Eve party or for Brunch.
Easy Peasy and a little different than the norm.
Chicken and Cream Cheese Bundles
- 24 oz grilled chicken breast, shredded (or 2 -13 oz cans of cooked chicken, drained and shredded)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- 1- 4 oz jar of pimentos
1. Saute the onion in the butter in a medium skillet until translucent and tender
2. Mix the chicken, cream cheese and pimentos in a medium bowl, add the cooked onion and gently mix well
3. Open and unroll the crescent rolls, separate each triangle and using a rolling pin, roll them out just a little
4. Spoon a generous two tablespoons of the chicken mixture onto the largest area of the crescent roll, fold up the sides and gently roll, ending with the smallest end of the triangle , covering the chicken filling completely with the dough. Repeat until all chicken bundles are completed
5. Place on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.