This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
I am not into buying baking mixes if I can easily make them at home, especially when I have all the ingredients already sitting in my pantry. Our Best Pancake Mix recipe is one of our staples here at the Ranch, the hubby loves pancakes and we make them several times a week and having this pancake mix on hand makes it quick and we have less of a mess to clean up.
Have I told you the hubby always puts peanut butter on his pancakes? Yep, as soon as I pull out the pancake mix, he pulls out the peanut butter in anticipation! My favorite way to eat these pancakes is with blueberry syrup. Yep, just a little butter and some homemade blueberry syrup.
The Best Pancake Mix:
This dry pancake mix can be stored in your pantry, no need to refrigerate, I have heard that if you exchange the white flour for whole wheat flour then it needs to be refrigerated, not sure why but just a heads up. This Pancake and waffle mix makes easy pancakes or waffles by adding milk and eggs.
If you have this dry pancake mix recipe on hand, you can add eggs and milk for the pancake batter. And you can be flipping pancakes in no time flat. It is the best Pancake Mix and can be stored in your pantry for several months. It’s perfect for those mornings you need to get breakfast on the table quickly.
If you enjoyed this Pancake and waffle mix then:
Click HERE to save this Pancake and Waffle Mix to Pinterest
Homemade Pancake Mix
For the Mix
To Make Pancakes
For the Mix
- Add all dry ingredients in a large bowl
- Cut in shortening with a pastry blender until the mixture resembles small crumbs
- Store in a sealed container in your pantry
To Make Pancakes—–(Makes 5-4inch Pancakes and can be doubled if needed)
- Add 1 cup of Pancake Mix in a medium bowl
- Beat 1 egg in a small bowl until fluffy, add to mix
- Add 3/4 cup of milk to pancake mix and combine well
- Add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter to a hot griddle and cook until pancakes are puffed and dry around the edges. Flip pancake and cook the other side until golden brown.