When we feel a cold coming on we turn to the basics of comfort food that is easy and nourishing. A great crockpot of old fashioned vegetable beef soup is exactly that, a bowl of comfort filled with great flavor, healthy veggies and lean beef.
There is nothing more nourishing that your mom’s homemade beef vegetable soup. You know that soup that was bubbling on the stove when you came home on a cold winter day. Usually your mom also had either fresh baked bread or cornbread muffins to go with it. The house just smelled amazing and so comforting.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
This is one of the most simplest of recipes, everything is added to a slow cooker and allowed to cook for hours. You could substitute any of these veggies for your favorites. This is a very versatile recipe. That’s how mom made it, whatever beef or vegetables she had, went into the soup pot.
Old Fashioned Vegetable Beef Soup Recipe:
- 1 pound cubed beef
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1, onion, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- ½ teaspoon basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup frozen green beans
How to make Beef Vegetable Soup in a slow Cooker:
- Combine first 12 ingredients in a slow cooker, cover and cook on high for 6 hours
- Add frozen vegetables, cover and cook on high for 1 hour until meat and veggies are tender.
- Serve this old fashioned vegetable beef soup with cornbread or a crusty bread.
Other Soup Recipes:
Click HERE to save this old fashioned vegetable beef soup recipe to Pinterest
Beef Vegetable Soup
- In a 12 qt slow cooker, combine first 12 ingredients, cover and cook on high for 6 hours
- Add frozen veggies and cover and cook on high for 1 hour until meat and veggies are tender.