Our favorite way to cook fresh green beans are these Garlicky Green Beans. They are fresh green beans stir-fried with a little garlic, a few seasonings and topped with toasted almonds.
Garlic Green Beans with Toasted Almonds
- 1-1/2 lb fresh green beans
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat until the butter melts.
- Add the almonds and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown all over, about 3 minutes, remove to a plate.
- In the skillet over medium heat, add the beans and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender and lightly browned in some places, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic to the skillet, cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper
- Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with the almonds and serve.
If you liked these Garlicky Green Beans then try these other recipes: