Whether it's celebrating spring or enjoying fall holiday parties, these prosciutto wrapped asparagus bundles are what we would call a "company" dish.
You know what we mean, it's where you go that extra step or you buy that extra ingredient to make a dish the very best. It's where you spend a little more time in preparation to show your family or guests how special they are to you.
Asparagus wrapped in prosciutto is not only gorgeous and will be very welcome on your spring table but during fall get-to-gathers or winter holiday dinners or parties, we think it's one of our best and classiest side dishes.
Asparagus could be a "company" dish by itself but it's easy to take it up to an even higher level by wrapping it in prosciutto.
How to make a dish the best is sometimes just a small change, it's not always a fancy sauce or an overpriced seasoning but it's spending a little extra time in the preparation. It's showing everyone how much you care because you took the time to "classy" up a dish especially for them.
Roasted Asparagus bundled in Prosciutto
- 1 1/2 pounds of fresh asparagus spears, woody ends cut off
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- olive oil
- granulated garlic
- salt and pepper
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees
2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, drop in asparagus and blanch for 4 minutes. Remove the asparagus from the boiling water and place in an ice cold water bath to stop the cooking process
3. Slice a piece of prosciutto in half lengthwise. Place 4-5 asparagus spears at one end of the Prosciutto and roll up at an angle. Place on a baking dish and repeat with the remaining asparagus and Prosciutto
4. Drizzle the bundles with olive oil and season with granulated garlic, salt, and pepper.
5. Bake for 4-5 minutes until the prosciutto and asparagus is hot but the prosciutto is not tough
Powered by Recipage
Lovely served with: