Creamy chive salad dressing that is fresh and delish. Better than Ranch dressing this buttermilk chive dressing can be for for salads or dips.
This buttermilk chive dressing is a spin off from the Ranch dressing we all love. It’s not exactly the same but we believe it’s ever so much better. This creamy chive dressing is something that can be whipped up in minutes and it can save your a trip to the grocery store. Plus with the fresh chives, and buttermilk, it is rich and decadent.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional coast to you.
Buttermilk is definitely an ingredient you don’t want to omit. Creamy and tangy, it brings beautiful flavor and tenderness to this creamy chive dressing. And the fresh chives finishes it off as one of the most flavorful Ranch type salad dressing.
TIP: Substitution for buttermilk: use ½ tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar in a ½ cup of milk
Creamy Chive Salad Dressing Recipe:
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 2 Tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 Tablespoon mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Small Bowl
- Mixing Spoon
- Wire Whisk
- Small Jar
How to make this buttermilk chive dressing:
Spoon buttermilk, vinegar, chopped chives, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
Mix with a mixing spoon or wire whisk until very well blended. Place in a jar and cover and place in fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Wedge Salad with creamy salad dressing
- Tomato, cucumber and Black Olive Salad with Mozzarella
- Feta Cheese, Pecan Green Salad with Dried Cranberries
- Mexican Cobb Salad
Don’t forget to save this scrumptious creamy chive salad dressing to Pinterest
Creamy Chive Salad Dressing
- Spoon buttermilk, vinegar, chopped chives, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- Mix with a mixing spoon or wire whisk until very well blended. Place in a jar and cover and place in fridge for at least an hour before serving.
- Remove from refrigerator and whisk with a small whisk before serving over a fresh salad. You can cover and refrigerate this creamy chive salad dressing up to 3 days.