Make Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip cookies with this heart-shaped cookies recipe. We made these Heart chocolate chip cookies from a bar cookie recipe, and we used a heart-shaped cutter.
This is a very easy recipe for heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies. We cheated a little and made a bar mix and cut the cookies into heart shapes to make these cute Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
These easy valentine cookies are delicious and loaded with red, pink and white chocolate M & M’s and chocolate chips. These chocolate chip cookies are great for gifts or as a snack for Valentine’s parties. And you could use these little gift boxes to package your Heart cookies for your special Sweethearts.
Easy Heart Shaped cookies recipe:
Start your easy heart-shaped cookies recipe by adding melted butter, brown sugar, white sugar, eggs and vanilla extract to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
Slowly add in flour and baking powder and mix until well combined.
Pour in 1/4 cup of chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of Valentine M & M’s and gently stir to distribute throughout the cookie dough.
Line a 9 X 9 pan with foil and spray with a non-stick cooking spray. Pour dough into the pan and spread evenly. Top with additional M&M’s and chocolate chips. Bake for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven.
Remove from oven and place the pan on cooling racks. Let these cookies cool completely before removing from pan. When cool gently lift them out of the pan using the foil. I am using a heart cookie cutter to cut out the cookies close together as possible. To get the most heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies, alternate the cutter up and down and cut as close as possible.
This easy heart-shaped cookies recipe makes approximately 6 cookies.
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies would make a pretty presentation for parties or place in little gift boxes for those special Valentines in your life.
Other Sweet Treats:
Click HERE to Save this recipe for Heart chocolate chip cookies
Valentine’s Day Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 C. salted butter melted and cooled
- 1/2 C. brown sugar packed
- 1/3 C. granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 C. flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 C. chocolate chips
- 1/4 C. Valentine M&M's
- 3 " Heart shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line a 9x9 baking dish with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Slowly fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Add in the chocolate chips and Valentine M&M's.
- Pour the cookie dough into the prepared baking dish and press a few extra chocolate chips and Valentine M&M's on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before cutting into heart shapes.
- Once the cookie bars have cooled, gently lift them from the baking dish using the foil.
- Use the Heart cookie cutter to cut out the cookie bars and close together as possible alternating the cookie cutter up and down.