Make a Puff Pastry Pizza using your own toppings or use this Salami and Feta Pizza Puff Pastry Recipe. These Puff pizzas are so simple and totally delicious.
Sometimes the hardest part of a homemade pizza is the crust. So we used a little help from our grocery freezer section today to make this simple puff pastry pizza. These little puff pizzas are perfect for family movie night. Or they could be dressed up and cut in smaller portions to serve as fancy appetizers at any of your grown up parties.
post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
One roll of puff pastry makes an approximately 9 x 13 pizza so you might just wish to make more than one. And besides it’s always fun to make more than one pizza and add different toppings.
What are good toppings for a Puff Pastry Pizza:
We used salami, orange bell pepper and feta cheese but the sky is the limit on toppings. Go for it and add whatever your heart desires, you make that pizza your own creation. But then again there is nothing wrong with a plain cheese and herb pizza.
- And as far as toppings go, decide on your proteins first. You could use cooked sausage, pepperoni, grilled chicken pieces, bacon, ground beef, steak prosciutto, pepperoni and/or salami as we did.
- Oh veggies, love those veggies. And topping a puff pizza with plain or grilled veggies is a great way to possible get those picky eaters to try something new. Use mushrooms, black olives, bell peppers, onions, Jalapeños, green chile, fresh spinach or kale and even pineapple is amazing.
- You could mix up the cheese and use anything from mozzarella and Monterey jack to goat’s cheese or even cheddar.
- Sauces- red Italian sauce, basil pesto, white pizza sauce (Alfredo) or only a cheesy base like mozzarella
How to Make this Salami and Feta Puff Pastry Pizza:
Scroll down for the printable recipe
Ingredients for one 9 x 13 Pizza:
- A roll of frozen puff pastry, defrosted/thawed
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp pizza sauce
- ½ cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/3 of an orange bell pepper
- 3-4 salami slices
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
Instructions for Puff Pizza:
Using kitchen scissors, cut the salami into small slices. Then using a knife cut the orange pepper in small slices, removing the seeds. Also preheat your oven to 400 degrees F at this time.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and roll out puff pastry onto your lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, spread pizza sauce all over the puff pastry, leaving ½ an inch around the edge (for the crust).
Sprinkle the shredded white cheddar cheese onto the area spread with sauce.
Place the orange bell pepper slices and the salami slices on top of the cheese.
Crumble and spread the feta cheese on top. And place in preheated oven to bake for 15-18 minutes.
Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and slice into squares. This puff pizza serves 2-3 people.
Other Pizza Recipe Variations:
Click HERE to save this Puff Pastry Pizza Recipe to Pinterest
Puff Pastry Pizza Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 roll frozen puff pastry defrosted/thawed
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup white cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/3 of a orange bell pepper
- 3-4 slices salami
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the salami into small slices. Also with a knife cut the orange pepper in small slices, removing the seeds.
- Using the back of a spoon, spread pizza sauce all over the puff pastry, leaving ½ an inch around the edge (for the crust).
- Sprinkle the shredded white cheddar cheese onto the area spread with pizza sauce
- Place the orange bell pepper slices and the salami slices on top of the cheese.
- Crumble and spread the feta cheese on top. And place in preheated oven to bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove from oven, garnish with parsley and slice into squares. This puff pizza serves 2-3 people.