I love the cooler weather so if it's early fall, the dead of winter or a late spring day , chili is usually on the menu each week. And to shake it up a notch we
enjoy this White Chili, it's lean, healthy and so satisfying. White Chili is loaded with chunks of white chicken, spices and white beans.
So grab your chili bowls, spoons and get you chili on!!
- 2 cups of cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 4oz can of chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon of oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground chipotle pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 can (16 oz) garbanzos beans
- 1 can (15.8 oz) great northern beans
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro,chopped
- 1/2 cup of low fat Monterey jack cheese
1. Saute onion and jalapeño in olive oil in a dutch oven until just tender
2. Add garlic, chiles, cumin, oregano, chipotle chile powder and salt. Saute for another minute
3. Stir in chicken broth, beans and chicken. Bring to boil, lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
4. Serve topped with cilantro and cheese.
Powered by Recipage
Other great ways to fill your bowl!
Sharing at these rocking parties!