I almost don't believe it's Christmas unless I have some spiced nuts!
These babies are a little sweet and a little spicy! Kinda a little nice and a little naughty!
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 2/3 sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (may use less)
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 pound of nuts (I used Pecans)
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. Mix brown sugar, white sugar, salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon in a medium bowl until there are no lumps and everything is well blended
3. In a separate medium bowl, beat egg white and water until frothy but not stiff
4. Add pecans to egg white mixture and stir to coat evenly
5. Sprinkle the pecans with the sugar mixture, and toss until evenly coated
6. Spread the nuts on a single layer on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper
7. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
8. Remove from oven and stir gently to separate pecans as they cool
Powered by Recipage
Other treats you might enjoy!