Valentines Day has always been special to me. I love the basic idea of just telling your loved ones that they hold a special place in your heart. You don't need big bouquets, large boxes of candy or stuffed animals to accomplish this. A sweet little hand-drawn valentine or a special home-cooked dish always works for me! I don't like to go out for Valentines Day, its always more special for me to enjoy an intimate dinner at home.
This dish is so much fun to make together and more than two hands are often needed in the preparation.
(I love kitchen time with my sweetie)
Green Chile and Chicken Carbonara
- 1 box (16oz) of bowtie pasta
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 pint half and half, heated
- 1 stick of butter + 2 tablespoons
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, roughly chopped
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of chopped green chile
- 1 cup of panko
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare pasta according to the package directions
3. Meanwhile melt 1 stick of butter in a medium size sauce pan over a medium low heat. Add the garlic, saute lightly, add the green chile and heat
3. Break the three eggs in a separate dish and scramble, set aside
4. Pour the half and half in a bowl and heat in microwave (do not boil)
5. As soon as the pasta is done, drain and place back in the pot.
(This is where it's nice to have a second set of hands)
6. While pasta is still hot, add the butter mixture and gently mix, immediately add the eggs a little at a time while continuing to mix allowing the heat of the pasta to cook the eggs
7. Add the parmesan cheese and mix until combined then add the heated half & half and stir
8. Mix in the cooked chicken and bacon pieces
9. Pour into individual baking dishes filling to the very top
10. Melt two tablespoons of butter in a small sauce pan, add the panko crumbs and stir until butter is absorbed and panko crumbs are golden brown. Top the pasta with the panko crumbs
11. Place dishes on a baking pan and place in oven for 15 minutes
12. Remove, allow to rest for 5-10 minutes prior to serving.
Powered by Recipage
Great Served With: