Eating Healthy should be easy, delicious and pleasing not only to the eye but to the palate. I don't wish to give up the foods I love to be healthier and I know you don't either. This Taco Salad is gorgeous and has an abundance of flavor but without the fat and calories and that makes it totally guilt-free.
Skinny Taco Salad
- 1 pound of lean ground beef (98 % fat free)
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 1 head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 can of corn, drained
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 oz of grated cheddar cheese
- salsa, optional
1. Brown ground beef with the onion in a large skillet over medium high heat, drain fat (if any).
2. Add the taco seasoning with 1/4 cup of water. Simmer for 5 minutes until water is absorbed. Remove from heat.
3. Place lettuce on plate and add the taco meat to the center, place your other ingredients around the edges.
4. Serve with salsa or even a low calorie dressing (but beware of added sugar or fat with bottled dressings)
Powered by Recipage
If you are watching those calories but still wish to eat real food, check out these other choices:
Turkey Meatballs and Spaghetti