This post may contain affiliate links which means if you purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
We use boiled eggs in so many ways such as deviled eggs, egg salad, tuna fish salad, and potato salad!! Eggs are the perfect little nutrition rich food! Each egg has 75 calories, 5 grams of fat and 7 grams of protein and vitamins and minerals and against some common belief, eggs are good for you.
Eggs should be cooked according to taste but never overdone. Cooked to a perfect yellow yolk never overcooked with that touch of greenish gray surrounding the yolk. And it’s easier than you think to have gorgeous boiled eggs each and every time.
How to Cook a Perfectly Boiled Egg
- Place eggs in single layer in a saucepan.
- Cover with at least one inch of cold water over tops of shells.
- Cover pot with lid and bring to a full boil over medium heat.
- As soon as the water comes to a full boil, remove from heat, cover and let stand.
- Large soft-cooked eggs: let stand in hot water 1 to 4 minutes, depending on your tastes.
- Large hard-cooked eggs: let stand in hot water 15 to 17 minutes.
- When cooked to the desired level, drain off the hot water.
- Immediately cover with cold water and add a few ice cubes.
- Soft-cooked eggs: let stand in cold water until cool enough to handle. Serve.
- Hard-cooked eggs: let stand in cold water until completely cooled. Use as needed.
If you enjoyed these Hard Boil Eggs then:
Love Cast Iron?
Join us and receive "How to Season and Care for Cast Iron" ebook and weekly email newlestters to what's cooking at the Ranch.