This fresh strawberry pie recipe has a special twist, a lemony cream cheese bottom layer. The lemon cream cheese layer really enhances the flavor of these fresh strawberries.
Sometimes you want a no bake strawberry pie, especially in the summer time. And if’s a fresh strawberry pie that is even better. We have come up with an easy strawberry pie recipe with a lemony cream cheese bottom layer that we are sure you family will love. We did cheat a little to make things easier by using a store bought crust but you could certainly use your own pie crust recipe. Either way topping the pie crust with a cool layer of cream cheese lemon curd before adding the sweet fresh strawberries that are thicken with corn starch makes this pie amazing.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
Other than baking the crust, this is such an easy no-bake strawberry pie, it’s great to prepare ahead of time and have it in the refrigerator for a dinner party or just a special night with the family. I don’t believe I have ever made a strawberry pie or even eaten one and that is so sad. This Fresh Strawberry Pie recipe is now on our menu often and not only in the summer time. You could serve it as a dessert or we have even added it to our brunch table. And it’s so light and colorful and so so delicious. We have never made it with frozen strawberries but if you try it and like it that way, please let us know.
If you enjoy this Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe then try these:
Click HERE to save this Strawberry Pie to Pinterest
The Best Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Heat oven to 425. Prick bottom and sides of the pie pastry thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake 8 minutes or until light brown, remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack
- In a small bowl, mash enough strawberries to measure one cup. Save the remaining strawberries.
- In a medium saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup water and the 1 cup of mashed strawberries, and 2-3 drops of red food color.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils, boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon zest.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on the bottom of the pie crust
- Pile the remaining strawberries on top of the cream cheese.
- Pour cooked strawberry mixture evenly over top of strawberries
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 -4 hours, but preferably all to stay overnight in the fridge to set.