Other than baking the crust, this is a no-bake strawberry pie, it’s great to prepare ahead of time and have it in the refrigerator for a dinner party or just a special night with the family. I don’t believe I have ever made a strawberry pie or even eaten one and that is so sad. This Fresh Strawberry Pie recipe is now on our menu often.
This post contains affiliate links which means if you make a purchase we might receive a small commission at no additional cost to you.
If you enjoy this Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe then try these:
The Best Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Heat oven to 425. Prick bottom and sides of the pie pastry thoroughly with a fork.
- Bake 8 minutes or until light brown, remove from oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack
- In a small bowl, mash enough strawberries to measure one cup. Save the remaining strawberries.
- In a medium saucepan, mix sugar and cornstarch. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup water and the 1 cup of mashed strawberries, and 2-3 drops of red food color.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils, boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat and allow to cool
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and lemon zest.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture evenly on the bottom of the pie crust
- Pile the remaining strawberries on top of the cream cheese.
- Pour cooked strawberry mixture evenly over top of strawberries
- Place in the fridge for at least 3 -4 hours, but preferably all to stay overnight in the fridge to set.