Summer just screams salads, doesn't it? We eat salad daily during the summer, and we have so many favorite great salad recipes and variations.
I love a great lettuce salad but sometimes I wish to get away from the plain lettuce based salad and have something completely different like this Mozzarella, tomato, black olive and cucumber salad.
We added a few slivers of basil to add a little more flavor to this combination.
This salad may be a little higher in fats than I really like, but it's all healthy fat. The health benefits from the olives and the Mozzarella cheese outweigh the bad so it's totally worth the extra calories.
Mozzarelle, Tomato, Black Olive and Cucumber Salad
- 1 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber, cut into chunks
- 8 oz of Fresh Mozzarella, cherry size, drained
- 1 can of black olives
- fresh basil leaves, cut into ribbons
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Gently mix the first 4 ingredients in a large bowl
2. Add olive oil and black pepper
3. Top with the basil ribbons
Powered by Recipage
Other Great Salad Choices
Homemade Ranch Dressing