No, seriously we both love to cook so this gives us time to enjoy meal preparation together. And need I say, it's such a healthy side dish.
The sweetness of the veggies emerge as they char and the smoke from the grill just adds all the flavor they need. There are so many variations for Grilled Veggie Kabobs with a wide range of selection, asparagus, eggplant, Brussel sprouts, cherry tomatoes and corn are just a few more to try. I just added a little salt and pepper to these so the natural flavors came through but feel free to add your favorite seasonings!
Grilled Veggie Kabobs
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 purple onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 18 baby Portabella mushrooms
- 6 skewers
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
1. If using wooden skewers, soak them for at least 30 minutes.
2. Chop onion and bell pepper into large chunks.
3. Cut squashes into rounds about 1/2 inch thick.
4. Leave the mushrooms whole
5. Thread veggies on skewers alternating colors and varieties.
6. Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Grill for about 10 minutes, turning often until lightly charred
Powered by Recipage
These would be great with: