I think my household is just about like everyone else's, potatoes really rule! And when you add bacon, cheese and other goodies to them, they really become the family's favorite!! And why go to that effort of re-stuffing a potato shell, why not just whip them up and add your goodies and bake!
Sometimes your just have to have the best and this is totally the best!
Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- 8 baking potatoes
- 8 oz of Monterrey jack Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)
- 8 oz of sour cream
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Wash potatoes and pierce with fork, bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour until potatoes are soft.
2. As soon as the potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel and mash them in a large bowl. Add the Monterrey Jack cheese, butter, sour cream, salt and pepper.
3. Whip the potato mixture until smooth, pour into a greased 13 X 9 inch casserole dish.
4 At this time the casserole can be covered and refrigerated until ready to bake. This is a great prepare ahead dish. Remove from fridge about 1 hour before you are ready to serve. Let sit to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes until cheese is melted. Garnish with green onion and bacon prior to serving.
Powered by Recipage