This dish is a staple at all our family's Holiday parties! Ok, it's a staple at any get together we have! Who could not love corn, cheese and basil baked in an awesome casserole!
- 2 (14 oz) cans of whole kernel corn, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup of half and half
- 1/4 cup of yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup of ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 oz of cheddar cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 6 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray
2. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute the corn and onion in the butter until the onion is translucent, remove and let cool
3. Meanwhile mix the eggs, half and half in a large mixing bowl
4. Blend in the cornmeal and ricotta cheese, add basil and salt and pepper.
5. Fold in 2 oz of the grated cheese and the cooled corn mixture.
6. Pour into the baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.
7. Sprinkle the additional 1 oz of cheese on top 5 minutes prior to removing from oven.
Powered by Recipage
Great Served With: