Right about this time of the year, my garden is loaded with zucchini and yellow squash. I believe zucchini and yellow squash is best eaten fresh, not frozen nor canned, so I have a regular line up of my favorite ways to prepare this veggie.
This is probable my all time favorite way to prepare zucchini, but I think I say that about every dish I prepare! In fact my children have a standing joke that I believe, every meal, every day, every trip and even every Christmas tree, every etc is, "The Best Ever". Even our Fantasy Football League was even called, "The Best Football League Ever", (yep they named it just to have another laugh at their dear old mom)!
But this is indeed, "The Best Zucchini Dish Ever"!
I can hear my children laughing right now and loads of eye rolling is going on!
But wait till they try it!
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of onion, finely chopped or minced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Spray a mini-muffin pan with baking spray such as Pam and set aside.
3. Grate the zucchini onto a dish towel, close up the towel and wring out the excess water. (This will prevent your tots from being soggy)
4. In a small bowl combine zucchini, egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Use a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the mini muffin cups to the top and lightly press down.
5. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.
6. Run a knife around the outer rim of the zucchini tot and gently remove them from the pan