Fresh green beans are delicious stir-fried with a little garlic, a few seasonings and topped with toasted almonds!
So gorgeous and so healthy and rocking all those natural flavors!
Fresh Green Beans with Garlic and Almonds
- 1-1/2 lb fresh green beans
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large skillet, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-low heat until the butter melts.
2. Add the almonds and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown all over, about 3 minutes, remove to a plate.
3. In the skillet over medium heat, add the beans and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp-tender and lightly browned in some places, 5 to 8 minutes.
4. Add the garlic to the skillet, cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
5. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper
6. Transfer to a serving platter, sprinkle with the almonds, and serve.
Powered by Recipage
Other vegetable dishes you might enjoy: